If the batteries in your Flume 2 Water Sensor (the grey device on your meter) are low, we will notify you via email. Your Flume 2water sensor uses a Flume 2 battery pack, and they can be purchased here.
Note: Please only use an approved Flume 2 battery pack in the Flume 2 battery holders.
Here is a quick video that will walk you through the battery replacement process:
To replace your batteries, please follow these steps:
- Take a picture of the black water sensor device on your meter. Note how it is situated on the meter. You are going to take it off and put it back, so we want to make sure that you put it back in the same spot it is in now. The picture will help you remember exactly where it was.
- Take the device off of the meter and find a clean, dry spot inside to do the install.
- Carefully open the water sensor lid by using the latch on the top of the sensor and remove the battery pack.
- Insert the new battery pack(s), matching (+) and (-) accordingly. The light in the bottom left should blink yellow twice then green once.
- Close the water sensor lid and be sure the latch clicks closed. If the latch doesn't click closed, the water sensor may be susceptible to internal damage.
- Put the device back on the meter in the same position it was originally in. You can consult your picture from step 1.
- It may take your Flume app up to an hour to update the battery signal.