Can Orbit and Flume Integrate?
Great news! Orbit’s smart controller B-hyve now integrates with the Flume smart water monitoring system.
What does that mean?
With the B-hyve + Flume integration, B-hyve customers will be better able to understand how much water is being used for irrigation and determine if there are any potential leaks in the system. The initial integration will allow B-hyve customers to view total water usage and flow rate per zone. In addition, Flume + B-hyve also offer the following key benefits:
- Easy To Install: The Flume water sensor wraps around your water meter in an instant – there's no need for a plumber
- Household-Wide Coverage: 24/7 water flow monitoring inside of your home as well as in your lawn or garden
- Real-Time Monitoring & Leak Detection: B-hyve and Flume work together to provide you with water usage reporting, highlighting abnormal flow rates, preventing overwatering or possible leaks in broken sprinkler lines or heads saving you money on your water bill.
- Smarter Watering: Using B-hyve's existing WeatherSense technology and real-time flow data from Flume, you can make informed decisions about your water use.
- Precise Data: You can measure actual volume consumption rates with detailed reporting showing how many gallons are used for each zone during an irrigation cycle.
How does it work?
You can integrate your B-hyve and Flume devices by updating your settings in your B-hyve app. Simply go into Settings > Account > Flume Integration. Once you are there, login with your Flume account information and you will be good to go!
This functionality will be available in the latest version of the B-hyve app which will launch on Monday, April 27th.
Click here for details on how Flume works.
Check meter compatibility here.
Additional information is located on Orbit’s website.
To view the press release, click here.